Learning and self-development are lifelong pursuits. The goals we set for ourselves shift over time, and your ability to track your progress helps achieve the desired results. The process of tracking your development can be captured in a few simple steps:
– Articulate your goal in behavior teams. Answer the question … “I want to learn how to ….”
– Create an action plan with specific dates.
– Do some research to get better informed.
– Measure your progress.
– Identify barriers and ways to overcome
– Share your plan with someone and solicit their support.
– Revisit and revise your action plan
Whether your goals focus on increasing your physical activity, building stronger relationships, finding time for creativity and reflection, or having some fun, following these steps will greatly increase your likelihood of success.