All of us have this voice in our head, our inner critic, that’s judging and screaming at us everyday. “You’re not smart enough, you’re not fit enough, you’re not pretty enough, you’re not good enough — in other words — your a big phony!” Here are a few quick tips to silence that inner critic, stop the worrying, reduce anxiety, take a leap, discover, learn and grow:
1. Approach your challenges as a novice, take on the persona of a newcomer.
2. Remember you have never done this before, and you are not alone.
3. Remember you are more flexible and braver than you think.
4. The situation is never as bad as you think and you have more resources than you think.
5. Let your rational side take the wheel.
6. Treat yourself like your best friend.